Here's everything you need to know before Thursday's opening bell`:
- Ousted Papa John's (PZZA - Get Report) chairman John Schnatter held talks to merge the pizza company with Wendy's (WEN - Get Report) .
- IBM (IBM - Get Report) rose premarket after an earnings beat and rising revenue.
- UnitedHealth (UNH - Get Report) is reportedly eyeing Tenet's (THC - Get Report) Conifer, in a deal that could be valued at $2 billion.
- Investors will digest earnings from Microsoft, Danaher and more.
- U.S. stock futures pointed lower on further trade concerns.