Despite a few faults, a Buick station wagon has stolen our hearts.
The 2018 Buick Regal TourX does its best to shake the image that station wagons are a relic of the 1980s. For $40,000 (per our test model; base price around $30,000), the driver gets an aggressively styled station wagon that proves there is life beyond (a good life) Suburu in the category. TheStreet took the TourX for a road-trip to Boston, receiving several compliments along the way, while also finding the interior comfy and spacious.
The creative comforts could have been better, ditto the horsepower, but by and large it was hard to rip apart Buick's attempt at driving interest in a wagon.
Shout out General Motors (GM) on this one.
- Great gas mileage. It felt better than the 21 city/29 highway on the sticker.
- Ridiculous amounts of rear storage space.
- Comfortable interior that is ideal for long rides.
- Apple (AAPL) Carplay.
- Aggressive styling.
- The price.
The Not So Positive
- Under-powered at 250 horsepower.
- Not enough cupholders + cupholders positioned weirdly in the front.
- Interior trim could use a little improvement.
- Not too fun to try and parallel park.
Watch TheStreet's review of Lamborghini's $250,000 Aventador here.