The U.K. Chancellor has said that Brexit uncertainty is having a negative impact on investment.
Philip Hammond said Britain should seek clarity over a transition agreement with the EU as soon as possible. He also said the British people want a Brexit that protects jobs and living standards.
"There is a large amount of business investment that is being postponed until business can see more clearly what the likely outcome of these discussions is," Hammond said.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- George Clooney's Casamigos Bought In Billion Dollar Deal
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising
- This Is Why Relying Solely on Passive Investing Could Ruin Your Portfolio
- A Timeline of Uber's Recent Struggles
- Lions Gate Founder and Mining Mogul Giustra 'Dabbling' in Bitcoin
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.