The FBI reports 203,086 background check requests on Black Friday.
That's a new record according to USA Today.
Black Friday 2016 saw 185,713 applications for gun sales.
Since the number of guns sold is not released to the public, background checks are the clearest indication of firearms sales that we have.
Wall Street likes what it sees.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Walmart Deserves to Be Part of the Future: CEO Doug McMillon
- Charting Your Online Shopping Addiction: Cyber Monday by the Numbers
- Forget Bitcoin: Check Out 5 of the Weirdest Cryptocurrencies
- Forget $10,000, Peter Schiff Shares How Bitcoin Could Hit $80,000
- Even With Amazon, Online Shopping Is Still Small Compared to Brick-and-Mortar