Microsoft (MSFT) co-founder Bill Gates announced his annual summer reading list on June 14 via a blog post on GatesNotes.
The list of five books has a theme: “The complicated relationship between humanity and nature.”
"Maybe it’s because everyone’s lives have been upended by a virus," Gates wrote. "Or maybe it’s because I’ve spent the last couple of months talking about what we need to do to avoid a climate disaster"
Bill Gates' Top 5 Books For Summer Reading:
- Lights Out: Pride, Delusion, and the Fall of General Electric, by Thomas Gryta and Ted Mann
- Under a White Sky: The Nature of the Future, by Elizabeth Kolbert
- A Promised Land, by Barack Obama
- The Overstory, by Richard Powers
- An Elegant Defense: The Extraordinary New Science of the Immune System: A Tale in Four Lives, by Matt Richtel