Nowadays, it's hard to go down the street with out facing the beckoning call of the Starbucks (SBUX) siren.
Our caffeine needs aren't going anywhere, and that was made clear by Starbucks' latest earnings report. The coffee giant reported an earnings beat with 75 cents per share with a record $4.6 billion in North American sales. Global revenues rose 9.2% to $6.63 billion.
Now that we've talked the ticker, what about the company? Sit back with that pumpkin spiced latte (unseasonal? we don't judge here) and take a trip back to when finding a Starbucks every block wasn't a given. As it turns out, building a coffee powerhouse is a tall order.
Watch the video above to learn more about Starbucks and check out more of TheStreet's series Behind the Label:
- Shopping for History: A Macy's Timeline
- From 'The Golden Rule' to a Struggling Retailer: J.C.Penney Timeline
- Behind the Sparkle: Thank Tiffany for That Wedding Ring
- Behind the Flannel: The History of Abercrombie & Fitch
- Behind the Smile: Inside Walmart