Our caffeine needs aren't going anywhere, and that was made clear by Starbucks' latest earnings report. The coffee giant reported an earnings beat with 75 cents per share with a record $4.6 billion in North American sales. Global revenues rose 9.2% to $6.63 billion.
Now that we've talked the ticker, what about the company? Sit back with that pumpkin spiced latte (unseasonal? we don't judge here) and take a trip back to when finding a Starbucks every block wasn't a given. As it turns out, building a coffee powerhouse is a tall order.
Watch the video above to learn more about Starbucks and check out more of TheStreet's series Behind the Label:
- Shopping for History: A Macy's Timeline
- From 'The Golden Rule' to a Struggling Retailer: J.C.Penney Timeline
- Behind the Sparkle: Thank Tiffany for That Wedding Ring
- Behind the Flannel: The History of Abercrombie & Fitch
- Behind the Smile: Inside Walmart