- 1893 – Pepsi was first introduced as "Brad's Drink" in New Bern, NC by Caleb Bradham.
It was renamed Pepsi-Cola in 1898, "Pepsi" because it was advertised to relieve dyspepsia.
- 1909 – Automobile race pioneer Barney Oldfield was the first celebrity to endorse Pepsi-Cola, describing it as "A bully drink...”
From the 1930s through the late 1950s, "Pepsi-Cola Hits The Spot" was the most commonly used slogan in the days of old radio, classic motion pictures, and later television.
- 1965 – Pepsi-cola and Frito-Lay combined into one company: PepsiCo. The company launched Doritos in 1966.
- 1992 – Recognizing the rising interest in healthy drinks, Pepsi-Cola introduced Aquafina bottled water.
- 1996 – PepsiCo launched the highly successful Pepsi Stuff marketing strategy.
- 1997 – PepsiCo spun off KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut in what would become Yum! Brands (YUM) - Get Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM) Report. Further acquisitions were Tropicana Products in 1998 and the Quaker Oats Company in 2001, which added Gatorade to the Pepsi portfolio.
- 2020 – PepsiCo entered into agreement to acquire BFY Brands, the maker of PopCorner snacks.