If this were a normal year, the fashion industry would be a couple of months out from New York Fashion Week.
But, alas, this is not a normal year. This means that New York City wasn't hustling and bustling back in September to put together fashion shows that dazzled spectators.
And this also means that Badgley Mischka, which is known for its beautiful evening wear, was forced to swap out a fashion show for a movie showcasing its runway show.
Mark Badgley and James Mischka joined TheStreet to talk about the impact that COVID-19 has had on the fashion industry, how it's impacted Badgley Mischka's supply chain and what it's been like to operate a fashion company remotely. And, of course, what it's been like to combat Zoom fatigue.
“We often get inspired by our travels, but this time we couldn’t travel at all,” said Badgley on Badgley Mischka's website “So we started thinking about the places we haven’t been to but have always wanted to visit.”
Watch the full interview above for more.
You can follow Katherine Ross on Twitter at @byKatherineRoss.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Jim Cramer Gives Investors Two Unique Stock Pick Ideas
- Will a Split Congress Lead to Major Market Gains in 2021?
- Biggest Shopping Days of the Year in the U.S.
- The Workplace is Changing: What That Means for Your Retirement
- The 'Motherhood Penalty' Can Unfairly Lower Your Social Security Benefit
- How to Manage Divorce or Separation in Retirement