Imagination Technologies plc (IMGTY) shares surged in Thursday trading on news that Apple Inc. (AAPL) - Get Report supplier put itself up for sale months after the tech giant said it would stop using the chip designer's technology.
Imagination has received interest from a number of parties for a potential acquisition of the whole group, it said in a Thursday regulatory filing, and "the board of Imagination has therefore decided to initiate a formal sale process for the group and is engaged in preliminary discussions with potential bidders."
Watch More with TheStreet:
- George Clooney's Casamigos Bought In Billion Dollar Deal
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising
- This Is Why Relying Solely on Passive Investing Could Ruin Your Portfolio
- A Timeline of Uber's Recent Struggles
- Lions Gate Founder and Mining Mogul Giustra 'Dabbling' in Bitcoin
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.