The Apple (AAPL) - Get Free Report iPhone is 10 years old. The device not only turned Apple into one of the world's most valuable companies, helping to boost its stock price more than 700%, it also changed the way we invest and trade stocks.
In fact, the original iPhone -- and the current versions -- have an internal stocks app, allowing users to check the broader market indexes and individual stock prices.
Having this in your pocket was a big deal 10 years ago.
And financial firms didn't waste time jumping on board.
E*Trade (ETFC) - Get Free Report launched its app in 2009 and soon after, mobile accounted for 1.2% of total trades. Today roughly 20% of trades on the platform come from a mobile device. The iPhone has even groomed a whole generation of investors addicted to checking the market's every move.
More from TheStreet:
- Here's What Apple May Look Like in 10 Year
- Apple's iPhone Triggered Mind-Blowing Changes to How Investors Trade Stocks
- Peak Into Apple's Future After a Mind-Blowing 700% Surge in the Stock Price
- Here Is Where the S&P 500 May End Up in the Second Half
- This Is Why Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices Shares Are on Fire