Ford Motor Co. (F) - Get Report leads a list of notable earnings reports being released throughout the day on Wednesday. Ford, the No. 2 U.S. automaker, will issue its first report under new CEO Jim Hackett, who replaced former CEO Mark Fields in May. Hackett has been looking to change the perception that the company has been indecisive on important technology initiatives, such as self-driving cars. To that end, Hackett introduced the idea of a "shot" clock to help Ford make quicker decisions on lingering issues. Ford is expected by analysts to report second-quarter earnings of 43 cents a share on sales of $37.3 billion.
Earnings reports are also expected Wednesday from Boeing Co. (BA) - Get Report , Facebook Inc. (FB) - Get Report , Whole Foods Market Inc. (WFM) , Hershey Co. (HSY) - Get Report , Coca-Cola Co. (KO) - Get Report , Barrick Gold Corp. (ABX) , Anthem Inc. (ANTM) - Get Report , Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD) - Get Report, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX) - Get Report and GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK) - Get Report .
- 5 Senators Who Risked Their Health to Take a Stand
- Does It Seem Like the Products You Buy Are Getting Smaller While the Price Tags Remain the Same?
- Just How 'Unlimited' is Your Unlimited Data Plan?
- This Is Why the Federal Reserve's Balance Sheet Unwinding Won't Disrupt Markets
- Wall Street Gets Ready for Another Slate of Earnings