Delta Air Lines Inc. (DAL) - Get Delta Air Lines, Inc. Report has been called the worst airline in America by conservative columnist Ann Coulter after the carrier reportedly gave her seat away Saturday.
Delta shares soared in premarket trading Monday and are marked to open 2.3% higher at $56.40 after guiding a strong third quarter despite missing expectations in the three months to June when it reported earnings on Friday, July 14.
Coulter took to Twitter to vent her frustration that a Delta gate agent, had apparently given her seat, which she had paid $30 to select, away to another passenger.
Delta responded by saying that they would refund's Coulter's $30 but would not tolerate insults to its customers and employees.
Don't Miss these top stories right now:
- Walmart Is Going to Kick Amazon's Teeth In, so Don't Be Surprised When It Happens
- How Boeing Became the No. 1 Dow Stock and Why It Could Stay There
- Blue Apron Is Crashing Thanks to One New Move by Amazon
- Amazon Files Trademark to Get Into Meal Kits, Continuing to Haunt Blue Apron
- Nelson Peltz May Get a Lot of What He Wants in Attack on Procter & Gamble
- China's Data Looks Too Good to Be True: Market Recon