Amazon.com (AMZN) - Get Report said it sold three times as many of its Echo devices worldwide midway through Prime Day, which could spell big trouble for the release of Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) - Get Report HomePod. During Amazon's Prime Day event, the Echo was available at the heavily discounted price of $89.99. When it's released in December, the HomePod is expected to run you $349.
But why would you buy a HomePod when you already have an Echo?
Read Full Article:Amazon Just Royally Shafted Apple and It Should Totally Terrify the Bulls
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- This Is Facebook's Next Major Catalyst
- Walmart Could Collapse Soon
- Bitcoin Has Crashed Into a Bear Market -- What You Need to Know
- Stocks Higher as Yellen Backs Gradual Rate Increases, Balance Sheet Unwind in 2017
- Why Further Bruising Downside in General Electric Looks Highly Unlikely
- Snap Could Be a Strong Post-Lockup Buy, Barclays Says
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.