Elfers has been CEO at The Children's Place (PLCE) since 2010.
Since then, she has replaced the management team, sometimes more than once, and helped to institute what she calls "self-help" systems and fleet optimization policies that have taken the company from a sleeper brick-and-mortar children's clothing store to a digital-first leader in specialty retail.
The stock is up around 130% since she took office and 45% alone during fiscal year 2016. The S&P 500 was only up 18% during the equivalent period. Just sayin.'
Oh and want to know how she's competing with Amazon? She's not. She just joined them instead.
But this is what she does. Hand her a challenge and watch her fix it.
WATCH HERE: TheStreet's feature series#AlphaRising:
- EY: Our Daughters Need to Think About Being President
- Carly Fiorina: We Have a Shortage of Leaders
- I'm No Barista, Says Deloitte Managing Principal
- Victoria Schein, Ford Engineer, Making History One Patent at a Time
- Meet Ford's 23-Year-Old Prodigy Who Holds 15 Patents
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- Why Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Would Rather Invest in a Startup Run by Women