Akshay Kumar is the only Indian to appear in Forbes 2020 list of the world's highest-paid celebrities.
Kumar, 52, beat high profile celebrities like Will Smith, Rihanna, Conor McGregor, Tom Brady and others to secure the 52nd spot with $48.5 million.
Amazon Prime has been aggressively investing producing Indian original content ever since it has entered the Indian market in 2017. It's worth noting that Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos visited India in January where he announced that the e-commerce giant is investing $1 billion in India.
Amazon Prime is reportedly paying $10 million to Kumar for the series. Kumar, who has acted in more than 100 films, will be making his digital debut with the series.
In December Netflix's CEO Reed Hastings announced that Netflix is investing $400 million in Indian content over two years.
The fight over producing Indian original content has yielded big bucks for Indian celebrities like Kumar. Kumar, who started his career in 1991, is often quoted saying he got into movie to make money.
"Honestly, the only thing which brought me to the (movie) industry was only money. I just came here to earn money," said Kumar, in an interview with the Times of India.
- Why Jim Cramer Isn't Investing in Space Yet: Video
- Jim Cramer: Investors Should Weigh Facebook Employee Dissatisfaction
- Jim Cramer: If You Believe This Is Beginning of Upheaval, It's Time to Sell
- Jim Cramer: Advice for Investors Learning About the Stock Market
- TheStreet Explains: What Is Value Versus Growth in Stocks?
- What Wall Street Can Do for Main Street Amid Civil Unrest