2019 us shaping up to be a big year for IPOs - especially tech IPOS. Pinterest announced its plans to IPO on Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018. It's just the latest in a string of IPO announcements. Click here to read about Pinterest.
Others to keep an eye on? Here are a few:
- Uber's public offering, planned for early 2019, may be the largest IPO ever. At a recent private valuation of $120 billion, according to a recent report, an Uber IPO at that level would make it the largest one in history. Read Jim Cramer: Why Uber and Lyft IPOs Are Bad for the Market.
- Uber's smaller rival, Lyft, could go public around the same time and is worth $15 billion. Read Jim Cramer's Thoughts on Lyft's IPO.
- Outside of ride hailing, the data collection and synthesis firm Palantir is reportedly aiming for an IPO in the back half of 2019, and has been valued privately at $41 billion.
- Pinterest and Slack and also aiming to go public sometime in 2019, and have been valued at $12.3 billion and $7.1 billion respectively. Read more about tech IPOs in the pipeline, TheStreet's Annie Gaus digs deeper into 2019 IPOs here.
Still uncertain about 2019? TheStreet's experts break down what investors need to know.
- What to Expect From the Markets in 2019 According to an Abbott Downing Executive
- Tech Stock Predictions for 2019
- Gold To Retake Reins; Palladium To See 'Tremendous Gain' In 2019
- Is Powell Prepared to Pause Further in 2019?
(Editor's Pick. Originally published Dec. 24.)