Look out Coach (COH) Jimmy Choo (JYMHF) was just purchased by Michael Kohrs (KORS) as brands increasingly struggle to survive amid the fall of the department store. Jimmy Choo has approximately 150 company operated retail stores, 560 multi-brand stores and more than 60 franchise stores worldwide.
It also has some of the most expensive shoes and handbags around. Will the deal see a change in pricing? Only time and stilettos can tell.
Read More: Department Stores Are Dying -- Michael Kors Declares War on Coach With Big Jimmy Choo Deal
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Amazon Is a Long-Term Buy, Jim Cramer Says
- 5 Outrageously Expensive Jimmy Choo Shoes and Bags That Should Scare Coach
- Take a Look at Wall Street's Sexiest Terms
- Elon Musk and 3 Other Business Titans Say Artificial Intelligence Will Send You The Pink Slip
- Stephen Curry Makes What? These 6 Sports Contracts Will Blow Your Mind
Editors' Pick: This article was originally published on May 5, 2017.
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.