Get ready, our first total solar eclipse since 1979 will be making its way across the sun today and many brands in its path are gearing up to cash in on this rare event. The most exciting of which will be Bonnie Tyler singing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' during Royal Caribbean's (RCL) - Get Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Report aptly named Total Eclipse cruise.
2. Hotels in the path of the eclipse will be jacking up their prices because of escalating summer travel. Others are offering entire eclipse vacation packages, and chains like Marriott (MAR) - Get Marriott International, Inc. (MAR) Report will be offering various entertainment such as live music.
3. Not planning to travel for the eclipse? Discovery Communication's (DISCA) - Get Discovery, Inc. Class A ReportScience Channel will Facebook Live the eclipse as well as offer live eclipse updates throughout the day.
4. Alaska Airlines (ALK) - Get Alaska Air Group, Inc. Report has an invitation-only flight for "astronomy enthusiasts and eclipse-chasers" who want to witness the eclipse from high above the clouds. Southwest Airlines (LUV) - Get Southwest Airlines Co. Report has earmarked which flights will be able to view the eclipse from up high.
Is your portfolio about to be eclipsed?
- Here Is What You Need To Know About Today's Solar Eclipse
- Today's Solar Eclipse Could Cost Companies a Mind-Blowing $694 Million
- Solar Eclipse Offers Airlines a Shot at Boosting Profits
Editors' Pick: Originally published on August 18, 2017.