Here's everything you need to know before Wednesday's opening bell:
- Salesforce (CRM - Get Report) will pay $44.89 a share in cash and stock to acquire MuleSoft (MULE) .
- FedEx (FDX - Get Report) reported fiscal third-quarter earnings and sales that topped Wall Street's expectations.
- Amazon (AMZN - Get Report) passed Alphabet (GOOGL - Get Report) to become the second most valuable U.S. publicly listed company.
- A special Nordstrom (JWN - Get Report) committee ended buyout discussions with the Nordstrom family.
- U.S. stock futures were lower ahead of Jerome Powell's first interest rate decision.