Here's everything you need to know before Monday's opening bell:
- AXA agreed to acquire XL Group (XL in a deal valued at around $15 billion.
- United Airlines (UAL - Get Report) is reportedly dropping quarterly performance bonuses and replacing them with a lottery-style drawing.
- Broadcom (AVGO - Get Report) said Qualcomm (QCOM - Get Report) secretly requested a national security panel to investigate its proposed $117 billion buyout offer.
- "The Shape of Water" won best picture at the 90th Academy Awards.
- U.S. stock futures fluctuated on the continued threat of a global trade war.
Subscribe to TheStreet on Youtube and enjoy these Editor Picks!