Here's everything you need to know before Friday's opening bell:
- General Mills (GIS - Get Report) said it will buy natural pet food company Blue Buffalo (BUFF) for $8 billion.
- Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Co. (HPE - Get Report) issued stronger-than-expected earnings for its fiscal first quarter and a strong outlook.
- Toyota (TM - Get Report) dominated Consumer Reports' 2018 rankings.
- China seized control of Waldorf Astoria owner Anbang in major corporate crackdown.
- U.S. stock futures pointed toward a higher open.
Subscribe to TheStreet on Youtube and enjoy these Editor Picks!