Here's everything you need to know before Tuesday's opening bell:
- Albertsons reportedly plans to buy the part of Rite Aid (RAD - Get Report) that isn't being sold to Walgreens (WBA - Get Report) .
- Tesla (TSLA - Get Report) CEO Elon Musk's Boring Company received a permit for preliminary Hyperloop excavation in a D.C. parking lot.
- Most of the 900 KFC (YUM - Get Report) outlets in the U.K. and Ireland closed on Monday due to a chicken shortage.
- Investors braced for nearly $260 billion in new debt auctions that could push bond yields higher.
- U.S. stock futures pointed to sharp losses as Wall Street returns from its long weekend.
For more on the biggest headlines of the day, check out the Morning Jolt!