Here's everything you need to know before Friday's opening bell:
- Amazon (AMZN) said it will focus on capital investments in the grocery and food sector in 2018.
- Apple (AAPL) sold 77.3 million iPhones in its first quarter, below estimates of 80.2 million.
- Google's (GOOGL) paid clicks grew 43%, though the average cost per click declined 14%.
- Kenichiro Yoshida was named the new CEO and President of Sony (SNE) .
- Stock futures fell sharply as investors eyed government bond yields and a weakening dollar.