Gold will do well this year but is not on a verge of a breakout, says Rick Rule, CEO of Sprott U.S. Holdings."Confidence in too many things is too high," Rule told Kitco News on the sidelines of the Vancouver Resource Investment Conference, "gold does well when people are afraid of other stuff." Rule is more upbeat on gold miners, despite miners having lagged physical gold last year. "Gold miners are going to surprise, particularly because of low expectations," Rule said.
Watch more from Kitco News:
- Is $10,000 Gold What Investors Want? - Jim Rickards
- The World Is Going Cashless - Gerald Celente
- Dow Jones Could Hit 27,000 In 2018 - Paul Mladjenovic
- This Is What Would Drive Gold To $1,450 - DeCarley Trading
- Massive GLD Outflows Show U.S. Middle Class Is Broke Says This Expert
- As Gold Hits 3-1/2-Month High, One Expert Says Big Money is Behind Metal