Here's everything you need to know before Wednesday's opening bell:
- The U.S. rejected the sale of MoneyGram (MGI - Get Report) to Jack Ma's Ant Financial Services Group.
- December U.S. car sales are expected to fall nearly 7% from last year.
- Analysts debate whether Amazon (AMZN - Get Report) could buy Target (TGT - Get Report)
- Major airlines including American (AAL - Get Report) and Southwest (LUV - Get Report) will pay employees $1000 bonuses based off changes to the tax code.
- European stocks rebounded and U.S. stock futures pointed toward another set of records.