The health care, transportation, and retail industries saw the most job openings, according to job search site Monster.
And with the employment rate at 4.1% through November 2017, (we get December's job numbers on Jan. 5, 2018) and employment steadily increasing throughout the year with an average gain of about 1,852,000 jobs over the past 11 months in 2017, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, even with the September hurricanes, we are moving in the right direction.
Certain jobs definitely were in demand though. According to Monster, the top ten jobs posted in 2017 were:
- Registered nurse
- First-line supervisor of retail sales workers
- Light truck or delivery services driver
- Retail salesperson
- Customer service representative
- Software developer, applications
- Sales representative, wholesale and manufacturing
- Computer user support specialist
- Heavy and tractor-trailer truck driver
- First-line supervisor of office and administrative support workers
So that's what companies are looking for these days. Wondering which ones are doing the hiring? UPS (UPS - Get Report) , UnitedHealth Group (UNH - Get Report) , and Kindred Healthcare Inc. (KND made the top ten.
Watch our video and check out the full list compiled by Monster.
Watch More From TheStreet: