Famed investor and best-selling author Jim Rogers says that he has seen a lot of bubbles in his career, but that Bitcoin is in a league of its own.
"There have been plenty of bubbles I have seen in my life but this one is a little strange, because at least when the dot-com bubble was around, those were companies that said they had a business," Rogers explained.
"Even with the tulips, supposedly they had a purpose and a use, I have never seen something quite like this," Rogers said in an interview on Tuesday.
On the topic of U.S. equities, the Rogers Holding chairman said he suspects they will hit more new highs, but forecasts that next year at this time, stocks will be down.
"I would expect they will go up for a while and go down by this time next year," Rogers said.
Watch more from Kitco News:
- Get Ready, Gold Showing Signs It's Heading to $1,700 or Higher -- Analyst
- Why a Skyrocketing Gold Price is Not Necessarily a Good Thing
- Gold To Climb Higher: Find Support At $1,247 To $1,250 - Trader
- Money Flows Away from Bitcoin Back To Gold : Analyst
- Ron Paul 'Surprised' With His Followers Resounding Pick of Bitcoin Over Gold
- Gold's Cycle Shows Metal May Retest Lows of $1,050 - Wells Fargo's 2018 Outlook