Walmart (WMT - Get Report) CEO Doug McMillon plays it cool when asked about the impact of tax reform. But, he does acknowledge tax cuts for people and corporations could be a big growth driver if passed sometime next year.
"Oh, not that close -- we'll see how it turns out -- we have members of our team paying closer attention than I am," McMillon told TheStreet when asked how closely he is watching the tax debate going on in Congress right now. "I do think something is going to happen, and am optimistic that a lower tax rate for individuals and business will help spur the economy and drive more growth."
Added McMillon on the impact to consumers, "It would mean a lot [if consumers have extra money in their pockets]."
Check out TheStreet's Other Influencer Interviews
- Why Walmart's CEO Is Excited About His Order of New Tesla Semi Trucks
- Walmart CEO: We Are Changing and Wall Street Is Taking Notice
- Former NY Yankees Slugger Alex Rodriguez Reveals One Homerun Investment Tip
- Kiss Rocker Gene Simmons Has Made Amazing Calls on Stocks -- Here's His Newest
- What Rapper, TV Star Ice-T Learned From Two Powerful Business Moguls