Ron Shaich the founder, chairman and CEO of Panera Bread (PNRA) is stepping down as CEO after a truly illustrious career. Here are five things you may have not known about the fast-casual restaurant pioneer.
1. In addition to Panera, Shaich also was instrumental in making Au Bon Pain the massive chain it is today.
2. He sits on the board of Whole Foods. (WFM)
3. He's President of the Panera Bread Foundation, and spearheaded the Panera Cares initiative which creates nonprofit community cafes with the purpose of creating a safe space to address food insecurity.
4. He's a co-founder of No Labels, an organization that promotes bipartisan political problem solving.
5. He made sure that Panera was at the forefront of mobile ordering.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Greece's Former Finance Minister Reveals Why the Markets Don't Care About Brexit
- How Deirdre Imus Is Changing Lives, One Plastic Bottle at a Time
- If Bitcoin Can Surge to $8,000 It Can Reach $80,000, Peter Schiff Says
- 5 Things You Should Know About Tech Giant Nvidia