Sheila Ronning founded Women in the Boardroom back in 2002 to create gender equality in the boardroom and we at #AlphaRising are all for that!
Ronning gets women together, teaches them how to network and helps them perfect their personal "elevator pitch" that explains why they would make a great board member. I got to go to one of her speed-dating-type events where high-powered women get to explain their qualifications for available board seats. I was blown away by the credentials of these amazing women.
Listen to the podcast I did with Ronning here. But check out the video above where she talks about the importance of networking and why so many of us just do it all wrong.
- VZ Wireless Chief Network Officer: The U.S. Needs More Women in Tech to Succeed
- More Girls Need to Be in Tech and Engineering, says VZ Wireless CNO
- Sallie Krawcheck: Inertia Causes Women to Miss Years of Compounding
- Welcome to the Inaugural Alpha Rising Podcast!
- President of Mars Wrigley U.S. Tells Us the Worst Advice She Ever Got
Editors' pick: Originally published Nov. 9.