Nicki Palmer, Chief Network Officer for Verizon Wireless, found out she had Stage 2 breast cancer through a screening being offered at work.
"1 in 8 women are diagnosed with breast cancer these days," reminds Palmer. Thankfully, she is in complete remission now.
Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus reminded us of that eye-opening stat recently when she announced that she too has breast cancer.
Be sure to check out the #AlphaRising podcast here!
So not only do all women need to get mammograms (I'm getting mine...you?), it's important to remember, often times mammograms and corresponding sonograms only are fully covered with really good insurance. And not everyone has that today.
- VZ Wireless Chief Network Officer: The U.S. Needs More Women in Tech to Succeed
- More Girls Need to Be in Tech and Engineering, says VZ Wireless CNO
- Sallie Krawcheck: Inertia Causes Women to Miss Years of Compounding
- Welcome to the Inaugural Alpha Rising Podcast!
- President of Mars Wrigley U.S. Tells Us the Worst Advice She Ever Got
Editors' pick: Originally published Oct. 27.