Be sure to check out the #AlphaRising podcast here!
Getting more girls involved in the science and technology fields must begin in the classrooms.
We need more teachers to extol the virtues of tech and science. Even more importantly, we need more female teachers standing in the front of those classrooms.
Granted, it's changing - just not fast enough.
We need women -- who make up half the workforce -- to partake in the technological revolution if our country wants to continue to succeed, warns Nicki Palmer, Chief Network Officer of Verizon Wireless VZ.
- Check out our full interview with her here!
Palmer was raised by an engineer and encouraged to become one too. Now she's hoping to spread her enthusiasm for the field.
"Tech is a part of everything we do...from fashion to agriculture....," she says.
So listen in on her thoughts of how we can get more girls involved.
But if young girls need a reminder that technology is helping to do good in the world, watch this:
- And be sure to check out our exclusive look at their brand new 5G testing center.
- Deloitte CEO Says It's Going All-In on Inclusion
- Want Financial Equality? Consider Entrepreneurialism, Says Krawcheck
- Welcome to the Inaugural Alpha Rising Podcast!
- President of Mars Wrigley Confectionery Talks Women and Engineering
- How JNJ's Chief Medical Officer Fell In Love With Science -- In a Bakery