The latest trend in high-end smart phones is the all glass body. If you are worried about spending something in the neighborhood of $1,000 for a gadget that could crack on both sides, you are not alone.
The all glass feature does make wireless charging possible, but is it worth the risk of walking around with a cracked phone?
SquareTrade (owned by Allstate (ALL - Get Report) ) put Apple's (AAPL - Get Report) brand new iPhone 8 and Samsung's (SSNLF) Note8 to the test. They used a range of scientific robots to carry out their battery of tests, including:
- Face Down Drop Test
- Side and Back Drop Tests
- Dunk Test
- Shot Test
Watch More with TheStreet:
- New England Patriots Coach Bill Belichick Inspires Dunkin' Donuts CEO
- Inside Ford's Mind Blowing $100,000 Ultra Luxurious Super Truck
- Is the iPhone 8 More Fragile Than the Samsung Note8?
- 3 New Badass Indian Motorcycles That Will Probably Make Polaris Investors Happy
- $1,000 for a Men's Fragrance?