Carly Fiorina has made it clear that she is not running for the U.S. Senate in 2018.
Not because she is done with politics, but because she believes she can make a more of a difference outside of Washington, D.C.
"I can actually make a bigger impact, not running for the senate, but ... lifting up leaders wherever they are," says the businesswoman and former GOP Presidential candidate.
So she has launched a foundation, called Unlocking Potential, dedicated to teaching leadership. "Leaders are made, not born," she says. "Everyone has far more potential than they realize; and people living closest to the problems are best positioned to solve them."
So she is laser-focused on bringing leadership to the community level which is why her foundation focuses on nonprofit and social enterprise companies.
Listen in to find out why.
- Who Are the Wonder Women of Wall Street?
- Why Carly Fiorina Won't Be Running for Senate and What She's Doing Instead
- World's Big Banks Should Wake Up When It Comes to Cryptocurrency: Carly Fiorina
- How JNJ's Chief Medical Officer Fell In Love With Science -- In a Bakery
- Meet Ford's 23-Year-Old Prodigy Who Holds 15 Patents
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- PayPal's Stock Has Blown Away Facebook and Google This Year for One Big Reason
- Microsoft's New Xbox One X Shows It's Done Trying to Please Everyone
- How to Invest Like Billionaire Warren Buffett
- A 401(k) Loan Is a Terrible Idea Until It Isn't
Editors' pick: Originally published Sept. 18.