Peter Tchir, fixed-income expert and panelist on the TheStreet's latest Trading Strategies roundtable, said the market is at an inflection point where it could either move down 10% or move up. Regardless of the direction, Tchir said that move will not be small.
Tchir said that he thinks the market can expect either a 5% to 10% move to the upside or downside in the next month or two. He said that the direction of the market depends on just how successful President Donald Trump is in achieving his economic goals.
Check out more of our September Trading Strategies special report below:
- Stephen "Sarge" Guilfoyle: Why I Love Apple, Nvidia and These Other Stocks for September
- Jim "RevShark" DePorre: Is a Nasty Market Correction Coming in September?
- Peter Tchir: 5 Things Smart Investors Should Do in September
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Get Your First Look at the Futuristic Apple iPhone X
- The Costliest Countries to Buy an iPhone
- Apple Just Gave a First Look at Its New Campus
- Nascar Champ Danica Patrick--'I Get Paid Better Than Most Men in my Field'