Discovery Communications Inc. recently (DISCA - Get Report) announced it reached a deal to acquire Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. (SNI) in a cash-and-stock deal valued at $14.6 billion.
Does that mean that Food Network and HGTV's stars have some contract re-negotiating to do?
After all, they're already pulling some serious cash in off camera. When these Scripps Networks' stars are away from the glitz and glamour of television, they've proven themselves to be quite the entrepreneurs.
60 Second Tips on TheStreet:
- 60 Second Tips: Navigating Financial Aid
- 60 Second Tips: Questions to Ask Before Marriage
- 60 Second Tips: Do You Need Long Term Care Insurance?
- 60 Second Tips: How to Re-Enter the Workforce as a Retiree
- 60 Second Tips: Best Return on Your College Investment
Editors' Pick: This article was originally published on July 26, 2017.