In the wake of another food-borne illness scare, branding expert Eric Schiffer said the only way for Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) to change its negative public image is to totally rebrand. "You can only have so many hotbeds of evil themes that can happen to a brand and not create a seismic shift in public perception," Schiffer said.
A total rebrand means a new name, look and an aggressive new commitment to quality inspection.
As for guac...that'll probably still be extra.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- Could Horse Meat Be on the Menu in the U.S. Soon?
- 60 Second Tips: Best Return on Your College Investment
- Millennials Are Making This Huge Mistake When Buying a Home, Say HGTV's 'Property Brothers'
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You