Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG - Get Report) has closed a restaurant in Sterling, Virginia after eight reports that customers fell ill after eating there. Customers reported symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, severe stomach pain, dehydration, and nausea, according to the website iwaspoisoned.com. Jim Marsden, Chipotle's executive director of food safety, told TheStreet that the reported symptoms are consistent with norovirus, rather than the E. coli that sparked an outbreak two years ago.
On June 20, 2017, Jim Cramer said that it would take the public 18 months to forgive Chipotle's previous food scare that made headlines on December 7, 2015. Will these latest reports reset the clock?
Watch all of Jim Cramer's latest videos, right here:
- Jim Cramer Breaks Down Bank of America and Goldman Sachs' Latest Earnings
- UnitedHealth's Quarterly Results Were a Thing of Beauty, Jim Cramer Says
- Use Weakness to Buy Advanced Micro Devices Shares, Jim Cramer Says
- Jim Cramer on Restoration Hardware: This Is a Massive Short Squeeze
- What Jim Cramer Expects From IBM, American Express and T-Mobile's Earnings
- Netflix Has Figured Out How to Use the Internet, Jim Cramer Says