President Donald Trump is planing to replace Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen when her term ends next year with his Chief Economic Advisor and National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn, according to a Politico report.
Who is Gary Cohn? Prior to serving in the Trump administration, Cohn was the Chief Operating Officer of Goldman Sachs, where it was believed he would ultimately take over from Chief Executive Officer Lloyd Blankfein, according to the Wall Street Journal. Cohn is a registered Democrat and received his bachelor's degree from American University.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Why Jim Cramer Thinks Amazon Prime Day Could Create Buying Opportunities in Retail
- This Is Your Investing Playbook for 2017's Second Half
- Alpha Rising: Victoria Schein, Ford Engineer, Making History One Patent at a Time
- Jim Cramer Gives a Sneak Peek Into His Garden
- Warby Parker Co-CEO Has Some Advice for Budding Entrepreneurs
- Trading Strategies: Why This Summer Will Stay Quiet