KITCO NEWS - Following the release of Donald Trump Jr's chain of emails regarding the Russia meeting, gold prices popped higher. Ahead of the surprise email dump, gold was hovering in solidly negative territory, jumping almost $8 in minutes. Kitco News speaks with Frank Holmes, chief executive officer for U.S. Global Investors, about gold's sudden movements. Talking ahead of Janet Yellen's testimony before Congress on Wednesday and Thursday, Holmes said he wouldn't be concerned if gold were to fall below $1,200. Two key measures of inflation, due out this week, are what Holmes said he will be closely watching. The consumer price index (CPI) and producer price index (PPI), are big numbers to watch after last week's meager wage growth, Holmes explained.
Watch more from Kitco News:
- Why Silver's Mysterious Flash Crash Enraged This Trader
- Gold Heads for 5th Weekly loss as Rate Hike Chances Come Alive
- A New Way To Invest In Miners Hitting The Market?
- Can Silver Shake off this Summer Slump? Phil Streible's Take
- Turkey Safer Bet than British Columbia - Nolan Watson Talks Mariana Buyout