So what were you doing at 23?
At 23, Ford ( (F - Get Report) ) research engineer Victoria Schein has at least 15 patents under her belt. If that's not Alpha Rising, I don't know what is. She's creating things that don't exist and "making history, one patent at a time," she says.
Ford is supporting young women like Schein and taking an active role in promoting STEM and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) programs that encourage high school kids around the country. It even supports Robotics teams for grades K-12.
"We need more girls in STEM and STEAM," says Schein. "It's cool to code."
Sure is. Ford also is involved with Girls Who Code, an organization that encourages girls to love and learn technology and is 40,000 girls strong.
Schein is the future. And you will continue to hear her name. She is our #AlphaRising and we're hoping she brings a lot of young girls with her.
WATCH HERE: TheStreet's feature series #AlphaRising:
- EY: Our Daughters Need to Think About Being President
- Carly Fiorina: We Have a Shortage of Leaders
- I'm No Barista, Says Deloitte Managing Principal
- Victoria Schein, Ford Engineer, Making History One Patent at a Time
- Alpha Rising: Meet The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- Why Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Would Rather Invest in a Startup Run by Women