Reckitt Benckiser (RBGLY) said Thursday that its second quarter revenues will take a significant hit as a result of the impact of the petya cyber attack that spread across Europe and Asia late last month.
The consumer health and hygiene group said that like-for-like revenues will likely fall by 2% when compared to the same quarter of 2016, Reckitt said, owing to the impact of the attack and the companies ability to ship goods to various customers. it had previously expected sales to rise by around 3%. Mead Johnson (MJN) , the infant nutrition group it is acquiring for around $18 billion, was not hit by the attack, Reckitt said.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- These 5 Collectibles You've Been Accumulating Are Completely Worthless
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising
- Has The Children's Place Figured Out How to Beat Amazon?
- 10 Troubled Retailers Besides J.C. Penney That Are Shuttering Stores
- Ford's 23 Year Old Engineer Has Advice For Young Girl