George Clooney's tequila brand Casamigos has been bought in a $1 billion deal by the world's largest spirit maker Diageo (DEO) .Diageo will pay $700 million initially with a further $300 million depending on the brand's performance.
Casamigos was founded by Clooney and two of his friends in 2013. The three founders of the brand will continue to promote the brand.
Diageo's other tequila brands include Don Julio, DeLeon and Peligroso.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- George Clooney's Casamigos Bought In Billion Dollar Deal
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising
- This Is Why Relying Solely on Passive Investing Could Ruin Your Portfolio
- A Timeline of Uber's Recent Struggles
- Lions Gate Founder and Mining Mogul Giustra 'Dabbling' in Bitcoin