So how does a brick-and-mortar retailer compete with Amazon during the holiday season?
This past summer, Children's Place (PLCE) CEO Jane Elfers sat down with Tracy Byrnes in one of its showrooms (filled with 2017 holiday wear!) to discuss the company's four-tiered approach to competing with Amazon (AMZN) and Social Media. Elfers said they implemented their own "self-help initiatives" that have helped keep their product uber current. She has only been with the company since 2010, but she has brought tons of traffic to their stores and whopping 130% appreciation to the stock.
To see how Children's Place is doing now, check out Bruce Kamich's analysis on Real Money.
WATCH HERE: TheStreet's feature series #AlphaRising:
- EY: No Company Can Afford to Disenfranchise Half the Workforce
- Carly Fiorina: Leaders Are Made, Not Born
- I'm No Barista, Says Deloitte Managing Principal
- Meet Ford's 23-Year-Old Prodigy Who Holds 15 Patents
- Why Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Would Rather Invest in a Startup Run by Women
Editors' Pick: Originally published on July 24, 2017.