Your round-up of the day's earnings reports:
1. HSBC plc (HSBC) posted stronger-than-expected first quarter earnings Thursday but indicted it had no plans to either buyback shares or increase its dividend despite its strong capital base.
3. Adidas AG (ADDYY) posted first-quarter earnings that were largely in-line with estimates Thursday and confirmed its full-year outlook as online sales and a revitalized Reebok brand put further pressure on U.S. rival Nike Inc. (NKE - Get Report)
4. Wm Morrison plc (MRWSY) stock gained in early Thursday trading in London after sales growth gathered pace in the first quarter for Britain's fourth-largest supermarket.
5. BMW (BMWYY) stock rose Thursday, amid a broad rebound in European automotive stocks, aided by a better than expected bottom line in the first-quarter.
6. Next (NXGPY) shares fell sharply in Thursday trading after it cuts its sales expectations as U.K. consumers feel the bite of inflation.
7. Siemens (SMAWF) fell more than 1% Thursday morning on flat quarterly earnings, as lost profits from discontinued operations and higher taxes offset increased sales and stronger margins.