Your round-up of the day's earnings reports:
1. HSBC plc (HSBC) posted stronger-than-expected first quarter earnings Thursday but indicted it had no plans to either buyback shares or increase its dividend despite its strong capital base.
2. Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDS.A) posted slightly stronger-than-expected first quarter earnings and said it would continue to focus on strengthening its balance sheet.
3. Adidas AG (ADDYY) posted first-quarter earnings that were largely in-line with estimates Thursday and confirmed its full-year outlook as online sales and a revitalized Reebok brand put further pressure on U.S. rival Nike Inc. (NKE)
4. Wm Morrison plc (MRWSY) stock gained in early Thursday trading in London after sales growth gathered pace in the first quarter for Britain's fourth-largest supermarket.
5. BMW (BMWYY) stock rose Thursday, amid a broad rebound in European automotive stocks, aided by a better than expected bottom line in the first-quarter.
6. Next (NXGPY) shares fell sharply in Thursday trading after it cuts its sales expectations as U.K. consumers feel the bite of inflation.
7. Siemens (SMAWF) fell more than 1% Thursday morning on flat quarterly earnings, as lost profits from discontinued operations and higher taxes offset increased sales and stronger margins.
9. Facebook (FB) stock was marked lower in pre-market trading Thursday despite the social media icon's topping of Wall Street estimates for its first quarter earnings.