Deepa Purushothaman, managing principal in the Social Impact service line of Deloitte Consulting, tells Alpha Rising about how she has been mistaken for the person who serves coffee, as opposed to the partner on the job.
Purushothaman, who is also the national managing director of WIN, Deloitte's Women's Initiative, which is dedicated to building opportunity, enrichment, and new thinking around talent and inclusion in the workforce, tells us how she turned an uncomfortable situation into a WIN.
WATCH HERE: TheStreet's feature series #AlphaRising:
- EY: Our Daughters Need to Think About Being President
- Carly Fiorina: We Have a Shortage of Leaders
- Victoria Schein, Ford Engineer, Making History One Patent at a Time
- Meet Ford's 23-Year-Old Prodigy Who Holds 15 Patents
- Alpha Rising: Meet The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- Why Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Would Rather Invest in a Startup Run by Women