Expect another good year in domestic equities with corporate America seeing 4% revenue growth and 6% earnings growth, said KC Mathews, CIO of UMB Bank. Mathews said the combination of a strengthening economy and increased profits should lead to 10% total returns in the equity market. He anticipates GDP growth between 2.7% and 3.1% primarily due to a surge in employment. Mathews said GDP will be supported by a robust labor market as businesses create new jobs, and he estimates nearly 250,000 jobs will be created on average per month. Finally, Mathews said Russian problems or a Fed policy mistake would be factors that hurt his forecast.

If you liked this article you might like

Analysts' Actions -- American Express, Discovery, E-Trade, Xerox and More

Trump Wants to Repeal Obamacare, but What's His Position on Health Savings Accounts?

Trump Hates Obamacare, But What About Health Savings Accounts?

Will This Market Be Hit With a Bursting Asset Bubble?

Where are the Asset Bubbles in the Market?