In the included video, Rob Maurer of Tesla Daily is joined by Rich Lee, Head of Program & ETF Trading at RW Baird, to discuss Tesla's inclusion in the S&P 500 index, how tracking and benchmark funds are approaching the addition, the closing cross trade, and what retail investors should understand ahead of TSLA's inclusion.
- 0:00 Intro and background
- 1:14 Do S&P 500 funds still need 115M TSLA shares?
- 3:49 Will they be buying on the closing cross?
- 5:06 Is there enough volume/liquidity in the closing cross?
- 7:39 Quadruple witching day
- 8:30 Are TSLA shares being held somewhere for transfer?
- 9:43 Would index funds have options positions?
- 10:39 Simple breakdown of inclusion situation
- 12:27 What if funds can’t get enough shares?
- 13:49 Will TSLA price spike during inclusion?
Disclosure: Rob Maurer is long TSLA stock & derivatives.