Jim Cramer has some thoughts about Gilead Sciences.
But, first, let's take a step back. What exactly is going on with Gilead?
On Friday, April 10, Gilead announced a successful trial of its antiviral drug to treat the coronavirus -- remdesivir
The results came from a cohort analysis of 53 hospitalized patients suffering severe coronavirus symptoms who were treated with remdesivir on an individual compassionate use basis. The drug hasn’t been approved for general use by the Food and Drug Administration.
So, what does Cramer think?
Watch the full video above for more.
What are your thoughts on Gilead Science's experimental drug results?
Well, 68% is a pretty high number of who's benefiting from it. At the same time, I think it's got to be some sort of cocktail because 68% is going turn out to be not enough. It's a very small test. It's very interesting because you compare that with the drug that the president likes, the hydroxychloroquine, and this is one where at least you have some tests that look good. It didn't seem like it had any sort of side effects. Obviously, it's an off the shelf drug. It's been used before. I would not buy Gilead off this. A lot of people are buying Gilead off this. I think that you have to buy Pastiche. I would buy Regeneron because I think Regeneron's going to have multiple levers, and Regeneron did hit its 52 week high today, and yet I would still buy it.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- Coronavirus Scams: What to Know and How to Protect Yourself
- Sallie Krawcheck: During the Coronavirus Pandemic, Should You Lower the Amount Allocated to Your 401k?
- This Kevin O’Leary-Backed New Asset Class Is Luring More Investors During Financial Crisis
- This Day in Sports History: Jack Nicklaus Wins Record 18th Major, 6th Masters
- What Jim Cramer Is Watching This Week