Chegg reported earnings.
The company reported first-quarter adjusted earnings of 22 cents a share.
That came in higher than the 17 cents a share estimated by analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research. And it beat by more than 40% the 15 cents a share of adjusted profit Chegg reported for the year-earlier quarter.
"We saw a substantial increase in new subscribers, both domestically and globally," CEO Dan Rosensweig said in a statement.
"While we are comfortable providing guidance for Q2, there are many unknowns, such as school start dates, enrollment trends, and whether schools will be taught on-campus, online or both," CFO Andy Brown said in a statement.
Watch the full video above for Jim Cramer's full take.
Want to know what Cramer and his team at Action Alerts PLUS are thinking about the markets and the stocks they're watching? Sign up on Action Alerts PLUS for more.
Cramer and the team are weighing in on what members need to know about the coronavirus pandemic's impact on the market. Here's how you can recap his entire April show.
Watch More of the Latest Videos on TheStreet and Jim Cramer
- From the C-Suite: Crunch Fitness CEO: We Had an Emergency Plan, Why Didn’t the Government?
- NCAA Considers Proposal That Would Allow Student-Athletes to Get Paid for Endorsements, Etc
- Professional Athletes in Business: NBA Hall of Famer David Robinson Says Teamwork is Recipe for Success
- Ask Bob: I Was Furloughed. Under the CARES Act, Do I Still Need to Pay My 401(k) Loans?
- Jim Cramer's 5 Books to Read During the Coronavirus Pandemic